126.96.36.199 The CIP equipment shall be operated to ensure effective cleaning is carried out:
• The process parameters, time, detergent concentrations, flow rate and temperatures shall be defined to ensure removal of the appropriate target hazard (e.g. soil, allergens, vegetative micro-
• organisms, spores). This shall be validated and records of the validation maintained.
• Detergent concentrations shall be checked routinely.
• CIP process verification shall be undertaken by analysis of rinse waters and/or first product through the line for the presence of cleaning fluids or by tests of ATP (bioluminescence techniques), allergens or micro-organisms as appropriate.
• Detergent tanks shall be kept stocked up and a log maintained of when these are drained, cleaned, filled and emptied. Recovered post-rinse solutions shall be monitored for a build-up of carry-over from the detergent tanks.
• Filters, where fitted, shall be cleaned and inspected at a defined frequency.